Friday 31 August 2012

HotT Army Showcase #1 The Nutcracker

As an avid follower of The Stronghold & The Stronghold Rebuilt I was very taken with Alan's 'Nutcracker' lists for Hordes of the Things.

I decided to do a matched pair.....good intentions etc! I have a cunning plan for the mice. Anyways I've completed the Army of the Nutcracker more or less as per the list:


The Army of The Nutcracker

1. The Candy Artillery
2. The 3 Regiments of Blades
3. The Nutcracker Hero General
4. The 2 Regiments of Spears
5. The 2 Regiments of Shooters
6. Maria, A Sneaker
7. Stronghold: A Toy Box

The Nutcracker. A Hero General

The Candy Artillery

Green, Yellow & Blue Regiments of Blades

The Purple & Pale Blue Regiments of Spears

The Emerald & Orange Regiments of Shooters

Maria, A Sneaker

The Toy Box, Stronghold
(with proper mardy bear)

The bulk of the figures are Zvezda Prussian Grenadiers of Frederick the Great.

Maria is a plastic toy from 99p Shop

The Artillery is a Britain's match-firing cannon that may pitch up elsewhere. I scratchbuilt the candy missiles from cocktail sticks and balsa wood.

The stronghold is a resin figure from a charity shop.

I created some labels in Word for each stand with its name and its role. I did this to make everyone's life easier during games.

PS Apologies for the blurry nature of some of the pictures.

Welcome to Paul of PaulsBodsTim Gow & The Angry Lurker who all run first class blogs. Go visit!

All the best!



4 comments:

  1. A nutcracker army!!! Great idea..I like it. Thanks for following my blog. I see you are missing the followers gadget....
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Paul! I've sorted the followers gadget now too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seen the follower gadget and added.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete