Tuesday 22 January 2013

RKKA All The Way!

The saboteur responsible for the recent technical failures has been detected and dealt with. In the Soviet way; he is no longer on the ration strength.

I, in the meantime, have not been idle. Megablitz has grabbed me by the lapels and said 'DO ME!' In a fully consensual way, of course. So here's my first efforts in that line. The Glorious Red Army is the obvious choice and I thought I'd start with a Rifle Corps. So far I've got the three divisions and anti-tank regiments done. I still need to source and paint up the Corps artillery, transport and headquarters. The figures are Italerai 1/72 Soviet infantry from the, frankly, poor winter clothing set. The next toys are from the 'summer set' and are much better. The anti-tank gun started life as a weapon of the fascist vipers and is now re-branded as a 45mm M1937.

There are also four vehicles. Most likely bound for postings to an armoured unit but we'll see. Two are definitely LOG vehicles. One of which has a load of sacks in the back that were once cement bags but now contain Lend-Lease food for Ivan. One looks like a good propaganda wagon for The Commissar. The last one could well be used by The Boss himself, hence the out-sized star.

On To Berlin!

Where's The Rest Of Us?





URRAH!

PS Hello to new blog followers: Ray RousellLaffe, JOMPS & Friendly Fires. Welcome!





6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Megablitz!

    Your Rifle Corps looks great, and has the typical collection of mixed vehicular assets.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob. It's taken a while but I finally saw the light. I think ;-)

      All the best
      James

      Delete
  2. I should provide some encouraging words at this point, but as I glance up at the wall of boxed Megablitz divisions beside me I have to warn you - this could all go horribly wrong.....
    Welcome aboard! And I'm pleased to see that your vehicles (and AT guns) are the same load of old c**p as mine. And I mean that as praise. The highest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim, that means a lot and is cool of you to say so. I considered where all this would end when I was buying box files in Rymans earlier today. Red for the Reds, Grey for the Fritzes......it's already happening isn't it?

      All the best
      James

      Delete
  3. Great looking stands James.Tim should start to rub his hands together now he has another recruit to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great compliment, Paul, much appreciated! I think I'm already Megablitzed lol

      Delete