Saturday 7 February 2015

It's My Birthday!

53 years ago today I made my starring debut on Planet Earth; and it's been downhill ever since ;)

I was born in a former workhouse, which thanks to Nye Bevin, was actually an NHS maternity hospital by the time I arrived: Saint Catherine's Maternity Hospital, Birkenhead, Cheshire.

 It's grim.....

......up North

I've had a nice day: presents, cards and some friends took me out for lunch. Friday night I was out dancing and tomorrow my daughters are taking me out for a slap-up breakfast (possibility of lashings of ginger beer) and even more gifts. I could get used to these three day celebrations!

All the best!

PS In case some readers were distressed by the Dickensian/Orwellian look of my birthplace this recent photo of St Cath's should cheer you up a bit:

Space Age (Northern)!



12 comments:

  1. Mark Twain said "The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up" So, as it's your 53rd birthday
    The very best of cheers to you
    Truthfully, I'm just being selfish
    Coz now I am so cheerful, too
    Happy, Cheerful Birthday
    Col

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOORAY! I'm even more cheerful now than I was before I read your message!

      Delete
  2. Good skills James. A 3 day event is nothing to chuff at mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Happy Birthday to you and many returns of the day , Tony

    ReplyDelete