Wednesday 5 June 2013

Jumpin' At The Woodside

Wow! Just WOW! What a fab dance weekender JATW was. I've been back over 24 hours and am still buzzing. We left Birmingham on Friday afternoon and had a very quick, pleasant journey to the venue at The Dowty Sports & Social Club just outside Cheltenham Spa. After checking in to our hotel we were ready for Friday's social dance! There was a really friendly, relaxed and welcoming atmosphere all weekend. The classes I did were excellent: really well presented by teachers who took a real interest in their students. With around 25 classes on offer each day it would be impossible to do them all. I concentrated on Charleston and Lindy-Hop and learnt some useful tips and some new moves. I did learn to Shag on Sunday morning as well............The social dances were great fun even though I forgot to take my camera on Saturday. There was a copious supply of delicious home-made cakes and endless cups of tea all weekend; my favourite was the almond, cherry and syrup cake although the marmalade cake ran it a close second.

Here are some shots from the weekend:

Electric Swing Circus

The HepChaps

Lola Lamour & Her Blue Light Boys

Honor & Jerry

Anne & Stu

Stan, Mo & Karl

Addam, Sue, Rob & Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment