Tuesday 24 September 2013

6th Australian Division #2

Progress on WDF(Toy) continues. I have completed the Divisional HQ unit: 2 figures with a Tilly Utility Car; three infantry brigades each of three battalions. The head swaps worked pretty well, better than I expected to be honest. I think the brigades have a real Digger feel to them now. The brigades each have their own character: 16th Australian Infantry Brigade is made up of charging./running figures. 17th Australian Infantry Brigade is made up of advancing/static figures. 19th Australian Infantry Brigade is made up of shooting figures.

The division has some way to go before completion: three artillery regiments plus tractors/LOG; divisional recce; divisional engineers plus truck; RASC LOG column; two British infantry battalions and last but not least the anti-tanks.

The pictures:

Div HQ @ Left
Front to Rear: 16th Aus Inf Bde, 17th Aus Inf Bde, 19th Aus Inf Bde

Div HQ Close-Up
"I've got the BBC Forces Programme!"

Close-Up 17th & 19th Bdes

6th Australian Infantry Division Infantry

All the best!

PS I will be at the Derby Wargames Show this Saturday if anyone else is going we could meet up for a chinwag and tea. Splendid!

8 comments:

  1. oh, oh, do the Kiwis next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, where did I put those Airfix Doughboys.......... ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm just basing up some Aussies too - albeit for the Far East. I might be at Derby - I'll be in touch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're aiming to get there by 10am for all the bargains! Possibly.

      Delete
  3. I'll be at Derby on Saturday (all being well)....
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget it's not in Derby anymore, Neil.......

      Delete
    2. Sadly! The University was "quirky" in the way that Castle Donnington isn't!
      It is still fairly "local" for me.
      Neil

      Delete
    3. I preferred The Assembly Rooms but hey-ho, eh? Got my shopping list all written out for Saturday too!

      Delete