Wednesday 7 November 2012

Tarbooshian Lancers

The terror of the laughable mobs the Ananhuacans call an army. These fine boys are well armed, trained & horsed they are the 2nd Regiment of Horse - The Lancers of Karaburun. They'll soon be legging the Anahuacan trash all over the garden!

In Line

In Two Ranks

Lady Butler Style

I took this with the camera flash off. I'm not sure if it's atmospheric.


Cornet chap with camera flash off. 
I took another with the flash on but this one brings out the colours, 
especially on the guidon, much better.

The C.O. 
Maybe a little too flashy

 Charging in the Flying-Vee as per Kingdom of Heaven

The figures are 54mm AiP Egyptians serving a new master. The colour scheme is the same as for the infantry. Flag & lance pennants by TVAG. I made the lances from brass rod to replace the rather floppy AiP ones. I think I'll get another box of these to increase the unit size to 10 and generate a mounted Brigade commander with bugler and flag chap.

Hello to new blog followers Chasseur and Funny Little Wars. Welcome aboard, chaps, hope you enjoy the ride!

All the best!


8 comments:

  1. Splendid chaps. The AIP 'Egyptians' offer lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain LOL, thank you very much :-)

    Regards
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, you're absolutely right. The fez-heads are really useful little fellas.

    Regards
    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to be following your footsteps! My first forces are also based on the AIP Egyptians and I am just about to procure my cavalry. Interesting to hear you are looking at 10 figures for this unit, I was wondering what the ideal make-up was.

    Lovely colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when I get my A-into-G I'll be expanding this unit to 12 figures. A number I feel gives them the weight to do some serious damage to the bad guys.

      Delete
  5. Dear Dancing Cake, liked the egyptian cavalry..is it plastic? and where did you find them? the brand -manufacturer? visit my blog also turkish toy soldier..sorry turkish cake:) Cem.nice blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, cem özdoğan, for your kind words :-)

      The figures are plastic. They are from: http://plasticsoldiers.co.uk/index.php/manufacturer/armies-in-plastic/

      AiP is a US company. You can also get the figures via ebay.

      All the best!

      Delete